I was nominated by Angela from The Cat with a Book for the Sunshine Blogger Award! Thanks Angela!
The Sunshine Blogger Award is given to those who are creative, positive, and inspiring, while spreading sunshine to the blogging community.
Here are the Rules:
- Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
Let’s get to the questions:
- What do you love most about blogging?
I like keeping track of the books I read and all of my thoughts on them. I also like hearing from other readers about whether they read the books and If I helped them decide whether to read a book! My favorite comments are when someone told me they are adding a book to their TBR because of my review! That’s like the highest honor in my book!
- What’s your story behind your blog name?
While I am not much of a baker, I used to go by the nickname Cupcake because of my obsession with how cute they are. I had cupcake jewelry and cupcake shirts in high school, A teacher even started calling me by my nickname. So I just stuck with that theme!
- What’s one of your favorite quotes?
It’s not a positive quote but it’s from my favorite movie The Princess Bride “Life is Pain, Princess. Anyone who says otherwise is selling something.”
- Which book/series makes you happy?
Probably, The Morganville Vampires Series by Rachel Caine. There are so many books and I love the characters. They are a close knit group who protect each other and support each other while living in a town controlled by Vampires. The author also puts a playlist in the back of each book and I’ve found some good songs from that.
- What distracts you most from reading?
Nothing in particular, I just have a hard time starting a new book. Once I start it, I’m pretty much glued to it until I finish it.
- What is your favorite genre to read?
Young Adult Fantasy/Paranormal books. I miss Vampire books, tbh.
- Any favorite type of music you listen to while reading?
I don’t listen to music otherwise I start daydreaming but I like to have youtube videos playing in the background.
- Who is your favorite fictional character so far?
Maybe Rose Hathaway from The Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead. She is a badass but also not afraid of being a typical girl sometimes. I don’t like when “Strong female characters” aren’t allowed to have emotions or act girly every now and then. We don’t have to be emotionless and “Manly” to be strong as females.
- Are there any movie adaptations you prefer more than the book?
I can’t think of any! I never read the books that inspired the Shannara Chronicles but I have heard the show is SOOO Much better. I’ve heard the same for The Vampire Diaries and I loved that show. I would like to try and read one of the books to see for myself though.
- Which author would you ask to write your biography?
Rachel Caine if she promises to put a Bomb playlist at the end of it for me. Or Richelle Mead if she promises to make me seem much more badass than I actually am.
- If your life, as it is up to this point, was made into a film what song would be playing during the end credits?
That would not be a good movie as I haven’t had much luck so far in my life. Somewhere I Belong by Linkin’ Park or In the End by Linkin’ Park. Something by Linkin’ Park but probably not anything that belongs in a transformers movie. I am unworthy. Haha!
Fanna @ Fannatality.wordpress.com
Rachel @ islandgirlreadsblog.wordpress.com
Kristyn @ thebibliophileempress.wordpress.com
Michelle @ Cassandraallegra.com
Tiffany @ readbytiffany.wordpress.com
Jackie @ stackstoread.wordpress.com
Kerri @ carolinabookbelle.wordpress.com
Cassidy @ cassidysbookshelf.wordpress.com
Thetenthreader @ scantime.wordpress.com
If you were already tagged, or don’t consider yourself a “new” blogger, so sorry! I picked people who are new to me but I’ve noticed or interacted with!